19 April, 2010

The Parents Have Arrived

Before I jump into what this post is really about, I want to first write about my current obsession, Such Tweet Sorrow. I know it makes me sound like a complete nerd and theater geek, but whatever. Such Tweet Sorrow is an interactive version of Romeo and Juliet performed by members of the Royal Shakespeare Company in London. It's happening in real time via Twitter. You can follow the characters as they go about their days and come into contact with one another. It's a rather new approach to theater, but I rather like it. Also, for those who are wondering and don't particularly like Shakespeare because of the language, well you don't have to worry about that. The actors tweet and post everything in modern English, the only thing that's similar to Romeo and Juliet is the storyline and characters. As someone who really likes Shakespeare, I highly recommend taking a look at this. 

Moving on. So, my mom, gram and Ms. Gail arrived yesterday here in Cairo. I was at work when they arrived and so I didn't meet them at the airport. I left that task for their driver, however, I did get a text message saying how crazy the traffic was. 


I met them for dinner around 6:30pm after my class and I had brought Emy along with me. We went and had dinner on a boat restaurant. It's not the original one that I wanted to take them on, but the food was awesome. I promise I'll take them actually down the Nile later this week, it just didn't happen that night. 

After a wonderful dinner of catching up and hanging out, we parted ways and I went back to my flat in dokki and they went back to Naser city. I don't really know what they are up to at the moment, but I know I'll be meeting them for dinner later tonight and planning out what the rest of the week holds. We shall see. 

So, that's about it for the moment. I don't have any pictures as I forgot to pull out my camera and take some...although I'm pretty sure Mom has taken enough for the both of us. I'll get them and post them later. Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment