07 September, 2009

"Never gonna give you up..."

I'm going to start this post by saying that my father would have been very proud of me today. After class, which got out at 12:20pm my class and professor went across the street to have lunch and the entire table ordered a round of beers. It wasn't even that much past noon and we were all drinking. As a suggestion for him, I think he should give up his dream on Figi and just move here. He'd like it better I think.

Anyway, the point of this actual post is to tell you a little bit about what's been going on here. I know I haven't been here all that long, but we keep traveling and doing lots and lots of stuff. There's never really a dull moment.

On Saturday night, everyone came over to our apartment and we cooked pasta in a vodka sauce (I helped chop the garlic, that's about it). Dinner was really good! We then sat around and tried to figure out what we were going to do. Marek, the one "local" buddy who is living amongst us, wanted to go clubbing so I gave the whole clubbing thing another shot. Well, we went to this club called Lucerna Music Bar and it happened to be 80's and 90's night. This was my kind of party. I absolutely love dancing to 80's and 90's music...mainly because there is no good way to dance to it.

It started out as a big group of us there and by the end of the night, the others girls had gotten tired of the club and moved on to somewhere else. It ended up being me and the guys, which was alright because they are pretty laid back and not as "catty" as some of the girls seem to be. Moral of the story, I love 80's and 90's dance night! When I get back to the states, we so need to find a place that does this!

Sunday morning came earlier than expected, especially considering the fact that I didn't get back until about 3am that morning. My morning started with exploring Old Town and a bit of New Town with Kris. We wandered through Old Town Square where they were finishing up the festival about the Golem, a mythical creature that serves as a protector of the Jewish community in Prague (Kris knows the story better than I can tell it).

After I came back from exploring, I went with the others to Bila Hora which is on the outskirts of Prague to do some voice dubbing for one of my roommates, Jorge. In case I forgot to mention it, Jorge is a student that actually attends FAMU and we were doing the dubbing for a short film that he is currently working on. We did "auditions" where he chose who he wanted to play what part, which meant that I ended up as the main character. This was both awesome and awkward. Awesome because I got to voice the main girl, awkward because there is a sex scene in the movie. But, it was still a good deal of fun.

And then this morning started my first class of Czech. It's a different language, but one that's no where near as different as Arabic. I think I'll be able to learn it just fine. After class, as I said before, we went for lunch with our professor. I got goulash which was amazing! That is something I love about this country, the food rocks!

Well, that's all for now. Na shledanou!

No comments:

Post a Comment