20 January, 2010

The Countdown Begins Again

It feels like time is rapidly moving, but I know that it's going at the same speed that it always has. For some reason, when I was younger, it felt like it took forever for things to come around...and now it takes them no time at all.

When I returned home on December 18th, I had mixed emotions. I wasn't ready to leave Prague, but I wanted to see everyone. I needed to see everyone: Brad, Manya, Emma, Geoff, my parents, etc., etc....the list goes on and on. It was a wonderful feeling to travel away and return with stories of far off places.

But, now I'm at that point of mixed emotions again. On Friday, I will leave once again to study abroad. This time, however, I will not be in Prague, Czech Republic...but, Cairo, Egypt. It's a big difference from the last time I prepared to leave. I was ready for Prague...I'm not ready for Cairo. I want more time at home with everyone. There are still things that I need to do...but, I know I won't get the chance to do them until I get back in May.

I still need to go sky diving with Brad! And I need to do more shadowcasts with The Evening Slice! I still have to finish plotting out the summer series we are working on with Manya and Brad. And I still need to see Glee! I need to sit in the movie theaters and see the nominated films for the Oscars.There is just so much to do and the time to do it is running out! I guess, I'll just have to wait until I get back in May to everything that I need to do...but, then it just might be too late.

It's not that I haven't done a lot since I got home. I had Christmas Eve with the Mezzanotte side of the family and then Christmas Day with the other side. New Year's Eve was a lot of fun and I got to spend it with a lot of friends that I hadn't seen for a while. I finished the book I was reading, The Haunting at Hill House, and I started another one, Seeing Redd, which I'm almost finished. I've been ice skating with Brad and shadowcasting with Manya, Emma and our sister cast, The Midnight Surgeons. I've played Inspectres with many of my friends from college, worked on make-up for a photo shoot for the Rudes, and seen just about everyone I needed to see before I leave, including Steph and Shayna...who I saw yesterday in DC. And I've eaten all the different foods that I missed while I was in Prague.

I'm tying up loose ends. Still procrastinating on the whole packing thing, but preparing myself for what is going to be a completely different semester.

I don't know what else to say. I'm back to blogging about my adventures and you are all here for the ride once again. So, here's to another semester of curiosity, of joy, of challenge, and of seeing the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment